Thursday, August 16, 2018

Overnight Chocolate Banana Oats

So pretty!
I am a little late to the overnight oats in a mason jar thing, but I am making up for lost time. I stayed away from carbs for so long that these are like a delicious cheat meal for me. Sad, I know, but they are really tasty and they look really pretty in my cute blue mason jars. I sometimes make up to 4 jars at a time. Right now I am making two. At first it kind of made me nervous to burn up 5 points for my first meal of the day, but they are worth the points. Oats are really good for you, the fiber is filling. The chia seeds are a great source of omegas and cocoa powder is an antioxidant.





Amy's Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats (5 smart points)

1/3c rolled oats (3 smart points)
1 teaspoon chia seeds (1 smart points)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (0 smart points)
1 banana, cut in half (0 smart points)
1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt (0 smart points)
1/3 cup milk of your choice (depends on what milk you use, the Califia toasted coconut almond milk is 1 point)


1. Cut your banana in half, take one half and mash it up in a small bowl. Put that at the bottom of your jar, and save the rest for later.
2. On top of banana mash, add your oats.
3. In the small bowl you used for your banana, throw in your yogurt, and the cocoa and mix up. Put that on top of the oats. If you want to add some sweetener, you can. Sometimes I add my drizzle of honey, I don't even count it because its such a tiny amount. The bananas add a lot of sweetness though.
4. Sprinkle on the chia seeds, add the milk.
5. Slice up the remaining banana and layer that on top.
6. Screw the lid on. You can give it a little shakey shake if you so desire, or just mix it up in the morning when you eat.
7. Refrigerate

Reminds me of mashing bananas for my son when he was a baby



I just love a drizzle of honey

























It is so nice to wake up and have your breakfast  waiting for you!

Print Recipe






No comments:

Post a Comment